Welder Jobs In Canada
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Welder Canam Group is the largest fabricator of steel components in North America. Specialized in designing construction solutions and fabricating customized products since 1961, Canam Group takes part in an average of 10,000 construction projects each year in one activity sector divided into three groups of products and services: buildings, structural steel and bridges. The Corporation operates 25 plants across North America and employs over 4,650 people in Canada, the United States, Romania and India.
The welder will complete the assembly and welding of company products and may assist in the set-up of materials as necessary to meet production requirements.
• Weld materials to conform to specified dimensions and standards.
• Ensure that all welds are complete and of good quality.
• Read and interpret shop drawings and blueprints.
• May be assigned to jig for assembly and tack welding of joist components.
• Comply with Health and Safety, Environmental and Lean manufacturing policies and procedures.
• Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
• Assist and mentor other welders when needed.
• Ensure proper care and maintenance of welding equipment and supplies.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in an effective and courteous manner with customers, coworkers and supervisors.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to produce clean and accurate welds and to pass CWB welding test(s).
• One to three years’ welding experience or training in a manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to communicate, read and write in English is a must.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety and operating policies, procedures and instruction.
• Ability to work safely and maintain production demands.
• Willingness to engage in training as required.
• Willingness to work overtime, including weekends, and prepared to move to afternoon shift if required.
The Welder should possess the ability to stand continuously with occasional walking. The nature of this position also requires the employee to perform a wide range of physical activities, ranging from pushing and pulling, lifting and carrying heavy objects (50-75lbs), to climbing, crouching, kneeling, bending and handling with repetitive hand and finger movements. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Welders constantly work near moving mechanical parts and are frequently exposed to welding fumes, airborne particles, flash burns and burns to exposed skin. Occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock, and the noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. Personal Protective Equipment must always be worn (including but not limited to: metatarsal safety boots, safety glasses, welding helmet, welding gloves/sleeves, ear plugs and respiratory protection).
Benefits of Working at Canam:
• The ability to start your career in a large and established company.
• A competitive compensation package.
• Company paid benefits and pension.
• In-house and hands-on training provided as required.
• Supplied uniforms.
• Unionized environment.
Canam appreciates your interest in this position. Please note, however, that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We reserve the right, upon the candidate’s written authorization and at the company’s expense, to perform criminal, credit and job-related medical checks as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canam is committed to providing employment accommodation. If you require accommodation to apply, or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) needed.